I work with a great group of health professionals at a facility in Easton, Maryland called Bayleigh Chase. Some of them came up with the idea to lose weight with a great incentive. Everybody participating in this journey had to put up $25. On April 20th, the person that has lost the most amount of weight wins the total sum of that pot. I believe it is in the neighborhood of $300. Not too shabby! It is also a great motivator and is definitely creating a competitive air which I love! I am so competitive……..my close friends will agree with me!!! So I am in!
As a treat and not wanting to sabotage anyone I made a Weight Watchers cupcake that totals only 2 points. I wasn’t sure how receptive everyone would be but they went over extremely well. I love to bake and nothing makes me happier than sharing and giving gifts of food. I must admit, I saw this on Pinterest and was a bit skeptical but, voile, they were excellent and went like hot-cakes.
Here is the recipe…..it’s so simple you wont believe it works either but let me tell you, it produced the most moist, fudgy, brownie like cake. It even feels like your cheating. Give it a try! There are variations also which I will add at the end.
2 POINT CUPCAKES
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix of choice
- 1 (12oz) can of diet coke
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the cake mix box
- Add the cake mix to a medium sized bowl
- Pour the can of coke into the mixture
- Mix as stated on the box of the mix
- Place 20 cupcake holders into muffin tins (less than 20 cupcakes will change the point values)
- Bake as directed making sure when done you test to make sure a toothpick in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
That’s it! Unbelievable, but so good! You can use any cake mix. If you use a yellow or white mix use diet sprite or any light diet soda. If you use strawberry cake mix use a diet strawberry drink. I topped mine with a light dusting of powdered sugar. You could top with Lite Cool Whip and fruit. You could drizzle with a thin glaze. The possibilities are limitless.
Til next time…….