Vacationing for an extended period? Renting a home? Get tired of eating out? Here’s a quick and inexpensive meal, that is full of flavor. It’s not just for vacation. It’s also a great meal when you get home from work. I know the feeling. All you want to do is relax and get dinner over with. Right???!!!
We immediately went to the grocery when we arrived in Aruba. The food and restaurants here are amazing. Everything edible is treated with such reverence. I must admit though, there are times when I just want to cook and stay in. Chicken is so versatile and affordable. This is actually all done on a sheet pan. All you have to do is prep the veggies, throw them onto the pan. Top the vegies with chicken and roast.
I used boneless, skinless, chicken legs cut into large pieces. While I’m not usually a leg fan, this was pretty darn good. I would have preferred boneless skinless thighs. Alas, none were to be found in the grocery we were in. I used red skinned potatoes, carrots, chopped garlic and green onions for my vegetables. Everything was heavily seasoned with salt and pepper. I used olive oil to help with the roasting. I also added some white wine for flavor.
My husband kept saying “oh my” and eating all the while. To say the least, it was a warm, comforting, meal. So easy to fix while on vacation or at home. Use any chicken parts you like. You could also use any combination of vegetables. Sweet potatoes are particularly good in this dish. In fact, root vegetables in general are excellent.
You don’t have to wait for vacation to enjoy this one; it’s good any time. It’s a great, easy, meal for company or guests as well.
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- Potatoes, cut in half, large slices
- Carrots, peeled and slice on the diagonal about 2 inches
- Green onions, large slices cut on the diagonal (you can use any amount)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, large dice
- Boneless, skinless, chicken parts (any amount needed)
- 1/4 to 1/2 C white wine
- Olive oil, enough to drizzle over the veggies and chicken to aid in roasting
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary, can use fresh as well to taste
- Generous amounts of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Set the oven to 375.
- Prepare all the vegetables and place them on a sheet pan.
- Generously salt and pepper and sprinkle over the rosemary. Drizzle olive oil all over and the white wine. Using your hands toss until everything is well coated.
- Clean your chicken pieces and generously salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pieces and rub in with your hands. Put on top of the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is completely cooked.
- To serve, place a good amount of vegetables on your dish and top with the chicken.
Til next time