Hi there! Have I got a quick and easy recipe for you to try. Quick and easy being the key words here. It’s an adaptation from a Weight Watchers recipe. I added a few seasonings to add flavors that I like.
I am getting ready for a cruise. I have never been on one so I am getting a lot of feed back from my friends. I am also doing a lot of on-line research. Stuff like, what to pack, do’s and don’ts kind of things. I am told that cruises are great! Lord I hope so; because neither my husband or myself are thinking we are cruise type people. The one positive, we are going with a group of good friends. It will definitely be a party!!
My time has been consumed with work and what to pack. I have been trying to keep meals simple and also low in points values. If you have been following me you know I am a firm believer in the Weight Watchers program. This recipe delivers great flavor, and it’s done in no time at all. You can use my quick cook chicken method, CROCK POT CHICKEN FOR THE WEEK, or a rotisserie chicken. Best of all it’s very satisfying and a one dish meal.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did. Send me a photo or a comment when you try it!
BUBBLE UP CHICKEN POT PIE
10 SP per serving
• 2 C chopped cooked chicken
• 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
• 1 C light sour cream
• 1 C shredded 2% cheddar cheese
• 1 ½ C frozen mixed vegetables
• Sherry, a splash or to taste
• 1 T poultry seasoning
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 (7.5 oz) can of biscuits
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly spray an 11×7 glass casserole dish with cooking spray
3. In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, soup, sour cream, cheese, frozen vegetables, sherry, salt and pepper.
4. Remove and separate the biscuits from the can and cut each into 4 pieces. Toss with the chicken mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Make sure the biscuits are evenly spaced throughout the mixture.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
Til next time,