Well, I now own the domain “aroundthebutcherblock.com”. Thanks to my daughter, who is very good at these things. All I had to do was have Sunday dinner and tell her I needed help. Just like that, I own it. I am hoping, that together, we can better organize this site. In doing so, making it easier to locate specific recipes. Bear with me as I go through this transition.
My one son-in-law loves sweets and fortunately is able to eat them. He also loves pineapple. So I made a dessert I found called Sunshine Cake. It is a Weight Watcher friendly cake coming in at 9 SP per serving. I made a couple changes and it worked out perfectly. It is moist, light, and loaded with flavor. More importantly, it was quick and easy. The icing stands on it’s own as a dessert.
I can see different flavors and have some ideas on how to change it up. Stay tuned! In the meantime, I hope you try this one. I think it would be the perfect guilt free Easter dessert.
16 SERVINGS/9SP PER SERVING
- 1 (18oz) box of yellow or white cake mix
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (20oz) can of crushed pineapple, divided in 1/2 (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 Cups of liquid egg whites
- 1 (12oz) container of Cool Whip lite
- 1 (1.5oz) package of Sugar Free instant vanilla, lemon, or white chocolate pudding mix
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 cake pan with non-stick spray
- In a bowl, add the cake mix, egg whites, 1/2 the pineapple, and the applesauce and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix as directed on the package with a hand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted and removed. Cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting: mix the Cool Whip Lite, instant pudding, other half of the crushed pineapple and juices, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and set aside in the refrigerator to set.
- Frost the top of the cake, making sure it has cooled completely.
- Cut into squares and serve, keep refrigerated.
Note: If you use lemon pudding use fresh squeezed lemon juice, instead of the vanilla, in the cake and icing. You can also add some lemon zest.
Til next time,
One response to “SUNSHINE CAKE & MY DOMAIN….”
Yay, happy to help and even happier to eat that cake any time you feel so inclined to make it again.