In an earlier post I gave you a recipe for CROCK POT CHICKEN FOR THE WEEK. 3 lbs at a time, frozen or thawed, and so many ways to use it. This is a favorite stand by for me and is very filling. Of course, you can always use leftover chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken at your local market.
I try to find things that are quick but still tasty and healthy after working a long day. This is one of those recipes. I also manage to get leftovers for lunch the next day.
If your a Weight Watcher this one is 7 points a serving (based on the Weight Watchers Calculator.) It’s low in fat, and high in fiber and protein. It’s very good with cornbread muffins. or a side salad, or both. It is also excellent with your favorite grated cheddar and a dollop of sour cream. Just remember they add extra calories. But if you can afford them, go for it and enjoy!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans of Great Northern Beans, undrained
- 14.5 oz. of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth, cooked and chopped into cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hot sauce served on the side (your favorite brand)
- Heat a dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Cook the onion in the oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the chiles, flour, and cumin. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for about 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook an additional 10 minutes or until hot.
- Serve immediately.
I like Franks Hot Sauce added to mine. It’s up to you!
Til next time,