In my last blog for Crab Pie, CRAB PIE (KETO FRIENDLY) I mentioned that I needed to cut out white flour, and sugar. I never realized just how much I loved it until trying to get rid of it. I’m not suggesting that you do. I am letting you know, that there are good alternatives.
Both my husband and I love the sausage and cheese biscuit from Hardee’s. We have them maybe, two or three times a year. We’re smart enough to know they aren’t good for us. They are extremely tasty, and filling. After eating one though, I feel like somebody dropped a flour bomb in my gut. Not so good!!!!
I am trying to use almond and coconut flour as a substitute. Is it challenging? Uhh, heck yes!!! But I’m making adjustments slowly. This one rivals our fast food biscuit. I am serious; this was some tasty breakfast. It was so good I felt like I was cheating. And furthermore, they were so easy to make.
You will need small mason jar rings; eight of them to be exact. They are easily found in most department and hardware stores. They are very inexpensive and can be reused again. The other equipment you need is a blender, a sheet pan, olive oil spray, and non-stick aluminum foil.
You line your sheet pan with the non-stick foil. Place the rings on top and spray the inside of them with your cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients in your blender and pour into the rings! Approximately 2 tablespoons per ring. Put in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and set. All ovens vary, so just watch yours closely the first time.
Let them sit in the rings for about 10 minutes to cool slightly. Take a sharp knife and gently go around the edge to help release the biscuit. Turn upside down and gently push them out of the ring.
Be prepared to be AMAZED! These are truly as good as my Hardee’s biscuit. In fact better, because there is no white flour, no sugar, and little carbohydrates. 2 biscuits make one serving. I can not even tell you how happy these little gems have made me today!!!!!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 C almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp swerve (or other erythritol granular sugar)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil and place 8 small mason jar rings onto the pan. Spray the inside of the rings with cooking spray.
- Place the 6 ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides down to make sure everything is incorporated evenly.
- Pour evenly into the rings, approximately 2-3 Tbsp per ring
- Bake 12-15 mins. (watch carefully as ovens vary) Bake until lightly browned and set in the center.
- Let set for 10 minutes. With a sharp knife gently go around each ring to help loosen the biscuit. Turn over and gently push the biscuit out of the ring.
You can use any number of fillings inside. Eggs, bacon, cheese, sausage, etc.
SERVINGS 4, CALORIES PER SERVING 193, TOTAL FAT 16.8, SATURATED FAT 4.6, CHOLESTEROL 109, SODIUM 369 mg, TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES 6.4 g, FIBER 2 g, TOTAL SUGARS 2.1 g, PROTEIN 8.2 g
These are so good who says they just have to be used for breakfast. Oh, the ideas that are running through my head.
Til next time,
One response to “BREAKFAST BISCUITS (Keto)”
Looks great !