It’s always fun to get together with my girlies. We have been a book group for about 4 years and friends, it seems, for years. I have to say, our reading efforts are terrible. We do however, enjoy a glass of wine or two, and laugh a lot. I think one of our most infamous get togethers was 50 Shades of Grey. Now, that was a discussion and many bottles of wine!!!
This is a collage of our crazy group!
This month we are reading a classic, Treasure Island. The inspiration came from the recent TV series, Black Sails. If you haven’t seen it and get the opportunity I highly recommend it.
Everybody brings a bottle of wine and some food, to pass and share. I made a cold vegie pizza; it’s one of my fav’s. I have lightened it up so I can really enjoy it. It was a recipe originally taken from a pampered chef party that I went to many years ago. If you don’t want to lighten it up, by all means use full fat products. It feeds about 8 people easily and either way is quite tasty.
WW VEGIE RANCH PIZZA
32 servings at 4SP per serving
- 8oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 C light mayonnaise
- 1 (1oz) package powdered Ranch dressing mix
- 2 (8oz) cans reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 C fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 C red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 C reduced fat (2%) shredded cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise and Ranch dressing and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Remove crescent rolls from the cans, (I hate this part, those cans scare me when they pop..Haha).
- Roll out in one big piece onto a large cookie sheet that has either been greased or you can use a sil-pat (no added oils). Pinch the seams together as needed.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust.
- Top with the chopped vegies.
- Using a pizza cutter, or a large knife, cut into 32 squares.
- Serve immediately. (can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.)
Til next time,
3 responses to “Book Club & Vegie Pizza”
Such a great light meal for the Summer!!
Good idea. This week!!
oh my! Hey Veggie Lasagna…HINT HINT HINT
LikeLiked by 1 person