I have got to get better at this. I haven’t posted for a while, my apologies! Seems as though every waking minute is filled. My weekends in the summer are never dull. We are either boating, going to an event, visiting, traveling; know what I mean! I also try to work two to three days a week and take care of my house. There’s always something to do. It’s just crazy hectic.
It’s been so hot here I have had to water my plants and flowers early morning and in the late afternoon. Today is threatening rain. I must admit, I am not upset in the least. I won’t have to worry about watering this evening, providing we get a good soaking. Keep your fingers crossed!!
I came in trying to think of something sweet and yummy but waist friendly. I found this old recipe and tweaked it a bit. It’s so easy! It can also be adapted with any cake mix, yogurt flavors and fruit additions that you desire. It just so happened I had a box of lemon cake mix. So lemon poppy-seed muffins it is.
They whip up in no time and are so moist and tender. Here is the recipe, try it and let me know your thoughts. If you come up with a good combination, let me know.
LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- 1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix
- 1 (5.3 oz) container of Oikos Zero vanilla yogurt
- 1 C skim milk
- 2 T poppy seeds
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 C muffin tin with liners and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients, stir until well blended and moistened.
- Using an 2 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, fill and place into the muffin cups. (It made 12 exactly. I used a rubber spatula to scrape all of the ingredients out of the mixing bowl.)
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until tested done with a toothpick.
- Remove and let cool. ENJOY!!!!!
*These come in at 4 smart points each using the Weight Watchers calculator.
Til next time,