Well slap yo Momma, hush my mouth, and call this one a new favorite. My husband said “make sure you write this one down”. I of course am doing that right now.
I just purchased the spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen Aide. Of course my friends at QVC had a special so what’s a girl to do? I love QVC! If I purchase something and it doesn’t meet up to my standards, back it goes. I will admit, I have sent some things back but not many. It’s a great company and they stand behind their products. This one is definitely a keeper. It was very easy to use and clean up was quick.
I spiralized some carrots, and zucchini. With the addition of some tomatoes, garlic, onion, and white wine a wonderful zoodle dish was created. Topped with pan-fried Salmon filets, dinner was born.
This dish was very flavorful with great texture. A glass of Chardonnay was just the ticket to round out the flavors. I am really excited because there is one portion left. So, we shall see who gets to it first tomorrow! All is fair in love and leftovers…..if ya know what I mean. Here is the recipe……..
Spiralized Zucchini & Carrots w/Pan Fried Salmon
- 3 zucchini (or enough to make about 4 cups of spiralized noodles) skin on, ends cut off, cut in half, spiralized, set aside
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and ends cut off, cut in half, spiralized, set aside
- 1/4 C chopped sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I use a microplane)
- 1 (15 oz) can of fire roasted, diced, tomatoes with their juice (I used Hunts)
- 1 Tbsp of dark agave
- 1/4 C of good white wine
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Salmon filets, seasoned with lots of salt and pepper, bring to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Chili Powder
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter til melted.
- Add the carrots and onion and cook until just softened.
- Grate the garlic into the pan with a microplane and add the tomatoes, cook until the garlic is fragrant, just a few minutes.
- Add the Agave and the white wine and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and add the crushed red pepper if using.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss, cook for about 10-15 minutes, you want to keep the zucchini al-dente. It does not take them long to cook, they are best when left with a slight crunch.
- When cooked removed the pan from the heat and place it on a burner to keep warm while your fish cooks. (Literally minutes)
- In another pan over medium high heat, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Take the seasoned filets, place skin side down and cook for 3 minutes and turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. (You can cook them more or less, it depends on how you like your fish cooked.)
- Take your cooked filets and place them on top of your zucchini mixture.
- Dust with chili powder.
- Bring your goodies to the table and serve from the pan.
This is impressive enough to serve to guests. Don’t forget to add a good bottle of white wine. I hope you enjoy!
Til next time,