Over the years I have been a WW member and follow their program. COVID hit and I got hit like Santa with a fat suit. I mean seriously….all I did was cook, eat, and drink a lot of wine. Then reality smacks ya in the face. With summer just around the corner I decided to take my life and my body back. I am happy to say I am 23 pounds lighter since January.
If you know me, you know I love to cook. If you know me, you know I love to eat. You can do both of these things with the right tools. You can also enjoy delicious and healthy foods and recipes. My husband always says “I love when you do WW. We always have fantastic meals.” I’d say that’s a pretty good testimony to me and to WW.
I recently saw a post for this topping and it was used on ice cream cones. As a kid, I ate my share of these popsicles. One was called “Strawberry Shortcake” and the other was “Chocolate Eclair”. Loved both of them; haven’t had one in years. I set myself on a mission to make this topping but in it’s lightest version.
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts. I was quite pleased with the outcome. I can see it has many possibilities. Next time, I’ll attempt the chocolate eclair topping.
WW ZERO POINT CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRY CRUNCH TOPPING
Cheesecake recipe can be found here: https://newtranvy.com/newtranvy/index.php/2020/01/05/weight-watchers-freestyle-zero-point-cheesecake/
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and quartered
- 2 T of Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener or Swerve of other sugar free sweetener of choice
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T water
- pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan over med/low heat add the strawberries, sweetner, and water.
- Cook until the berries become soft and thick.
- Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender or food processor, blend the strawberries until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
STRAWBERRY CRUNCH TOPPING
- 12 golden Oreo Thins
- 1 T of strawberry jello, sugar free
- 1 T Lite Cool Whip Topping
- In a food processor, process the Oreo Thins into crumbs, not too fine. You want some chunks in there.
- Remove half of the cookie crumbs and place in a bowl, leaving half in the food processor
- Add 1 T of strawberry sugar free jello and 1 T of cool whip to the remaining cookie crumbs and process until it comes together.
- Remove the strawberry crumb and put in the bowl with the plain crumb and mix together with a fork.
- Once your cheesecake is cooled, spread some of your strawberry syrup/puree over the top of the cake.
- Take the crumble and place over the top of the cheesecake. Use as much or as little as you desire.
This comes out to be 2 points per serving with 8 total servings. Calculations were done using the WW calculator.
Til next time,